Friday, April 02, 2010

Paya & Shawn: invitations

Paya was my mentor for my full year of student teaching in Clayton last year. I could not have asked for a better mentor. She is an incredible teacher and we had so much fun. I feel so blessed to have been placed with her; I wouldn't be the teacher I am without the ideas, support, and help she gave me last year. Last February we went on a trip to a reading convention in Arizona. We had a lot of funny, crazy experiences and we came back with a lot of strategies to use in our second-grade classroom. Paya had just started dating Shawn when we went on the trip, and they talked on the phone a lot throughout the trip. I just knew she was falling in love ;)
So... last summer when they got engaged, I was more than excited to help out with the invitations. These two are adorable. We played around with a lot of different flower ideas and weren't finding the perfect thing. I knew that Paya was artsy, so I asked her if she thought she could draw the perfect flower for the design. She drew a few and I was able to scan them in and put them into the design. I LOVE that her art is part of her invitation design.



Thanks so much Paya... for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment